East Chatham, NY, Columbia County
Open Tillable Acres
Wooded (or other) Acres
Condition & Current Use
The farm is made up of 5 distinct parcels:
- a small, fenced 1 acre field previously used as a horse paddock
- 4-5 acres of fenced in field + some wooded acres with a stable/horse barn. Stall walls can be removed to make a communal enclosure. Water and electricity in stable.
- Aprox 30 acres of meadows, currently being hayed as part of an agreement through the previous owner.
- 20 acres of fields w/ small pond, currently used for cattle grazing on a seasonal basic. Storage barn w/ well on this piece. Currently requires a generator for the well.
- 70 acres of mixed pasture and woods: previously the pasture portioned was brush hogged twice a year. This is a rather hilly section, but could be very ideal for pigs.
Can do a straight lease at a very reasonable rate (want to see the land in use) but would prefer to partner in some way, including production of secondary products, a farm store, or an investment stake.
Do you require a farmer who qualifies for agricultural assessment?
Livestock / Crops Description
Open to many things, but particularly interested in pasturing poultry on the hayed fields, sheep or pigs, and a hops farm.
Preferred Farming Method
Small pond and well. Open to drilling additional wells as part of a partnership.
Barns for Equipment/Storage
Stable with 4 horse stalls and storage area; open to removing stall walls.