Newfield, NY, Tompkins County
Open Tillable Acres
Wooded (or other) Acres
Condition & Current Use
- (House and additional land are also available) Meticulously-maintained estate w/ 5+ bedroom, center-hall colonial and 3-car garage
- Currently used residentially, also as agricultural land
- 100 acres of open fields and woods are all available
Farm History & Past Use
- Cattle farm
- Equestrian farm
Sale Price or Estimated Market Value
Sale Website Listing
Are you willing to mentor a new or beginning farmer?
Do you require a farmer who qualifies for agricultural assessment?
Livestock / Crops Description
- Crops - corn, hay, vegetables, others possible on tillable land
Preferred Farming Method
- Multiple paddocks
- Wood fencing
- Ponds on site
Barns for Livestock
- Red Carriage Barn has stalls and paddocks
- Older cattle barn
Barns for Equipment/Storage
- 72' 42' free span pole barn
- 5+ bedroom updated center-hall colonial (circa-1865)
- 2 1/2 baths
- Original oak trim floors and windows (harvested from the property)
- Wide plank pine floors (harvested from the property)
- Tranquil primary suite w/ updated bath and private balcony
- Heated sun room
- 3-car garage w/ in-floor heating, drive-through design
- Workshop with a bird watch tower
Additional Property Information
Is the Property Conserved
Is the property located in a NY Agricultural District?
Can the public be on the property as a part of the farm business?
Additional Information About This Property
- A true storybook setting! Locally known as Toad Hill Farm. Sunrise valley views featuring elegant period details throughout.
- The original Red Carriage Barn is ideal for storage or country shop.
- If you are seeking a refined country estate for horse, cattle, or seasonal home located in the Finger Lake Region of NY less than 10 miles from Cornell University, this is a must see.