Denmark, NY, Lewis County
Open Tillable Acres
Wooded (or other) Acres
Condition & Current Use
- Please call office to arrange an on site viewing.
- Price includes real estate, approximately 400 hives, and all processing equipment.
- Sale EXCLUDES all rolling stock (trucks, lifts, etc) but could be negotiated.
- Additionally listed as Lot/Land/Farm, see MLS s1450415 Property is zoned AR3.
- Easement to Town to access river.
Farm History & Past Use
- Completely turnkey bee business in a productive honey territory.
- Listing includes former "honey house" (former grain mill).
- 42 years with a per hive average annual yield of 90+ pounds.
- Previous owner ran up to 1,400 hives from this base.
Sale Price or Estimated Market Value
Sale Website Listing
Are you willing to mentor a new or beginning farmer?
Do you require a farmer who qualifies for agricultural assessment?
Livestock / Crops Description
- 400 hives.
- Area has excellent forage sources for nectar and pollen.
Preferred Farming Method
See Inventory in attachments.
Septic with an easement town to access Deer River.
Barns for Equipment/Storage
- 40' x 80' coverall building with heated shop
- Storage area in honey house
- 3-bedroom, 1-bath apartment on the second floor.
Additional Property Information
Is the Property Conserved
Current Land Zoning
Is the property located in a NY Agricultural District?
Can the public be on the property as a part of the farm business?
Additional Information About This Property
There is ample additional storage.
The 2.9-acre lot borders the scenic Deer River (complete with a gorgeous waterfall.)
The sale also includes 400 hives (on location in Jefferson and Lewis Counties) and all equipment necessary to run them.
Honey produced is light in color and of high quality.
There is a very strong demand locally, in both retail and wholesale markets.
Owners love the business, but it’s time to retire.
If you are seeking to run your own business or expand an existing operation, this is an excellent opportunity!