We seek a Farm Manager who has successfully and profitably used modern regenerative
agriculture techniques for production, and modern online techniques for marketing our produce.
We offer a potentially long-term position to the right applicant, one who is excited to integrate
our working farm with broad-based environmental objectives, continually improving our
production and distribution systems while maintaining our ethic of land stewardship.
1. Plan, schedule, supervise, and participate in all aspects of the operation, including pasture
and livestock management, with 1, 3, and 10 year horizons.
2. Manage the cow herd, hogs, and chickens to efficiently utilize available resources.
3. Market farm produce, through both online and local opportunities.
4. Create annual budget and document P&L for each enterprise monthly.
5. Hire, train, and terminate farm help as needed, while working alongside staff.
6. Manage all aspects of record-keeping, including financial, production, and sales records.
7. Order materials and supplies; maintain inventory and keep records of same
8. Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work environment, operating and maintaining farm
equipment, buildings, and grounds.
9. Network and cooperate with neighboring like-minded farms, creating economy of scale
in purchasing and marketing.
• Must be a self-starter, and able to work without direct supervision.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in animal husbandry, particularly beef cattle.
• Farm management experience or 2-4 years of supervisory work in a related field.
• Demonstrated knowledge of regenerative agriculture practices including the use of soil
fertility management, crop rotation, and cover cropping.
• Comfort with databases for farm management and financial planning and analysis.
• Experience meeting production targets and revenue projections.
• Demonstrated ability to stay informed of current research, and implement methods in
• Experience safely operating tractors and other farm equipment.
• Comfortably able to lift 50lbs.
• Valid driver’s license (CDL not required).
• Livestock and pasture management experience, rotational grazing, diversification
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with online marketing platforms such as GrazeCart.